ABOUT SARA SCHAFER, ESQ.
The following is information upon request:
Sara Schafer practices all areas of civil litigation in both state and federal court. Prior to joining the Law Offices of Jason Turchin, Sara worked at a civil litigation firm in Coral Gables, focusing primarily on defense work and at a civil litigation firm in Miami, focusing primarily on civil rights violations, including violations of the Americans with Disability Act and Fair Housing Act.
Sara attended the University of Miami School of Law where she earned her Juris Doctor degree cum laude. During law school, Sara worked as a judicial intern for Magistrate Judge Barry L. Garber at the United States District Court of the Southern District of Florida and for Chief Judge Juan Ramirez, Jr. at the Florida Third District Court of Appeal. She also participated in the Street Law Program, where she taught law-related subject matter to incarcerated high school aged students. Sara also worked at the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office, where she handled a variety of criminal cases.
Sara earned her Bachelor’s degree cum laude at Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania. While in college, Sara was nominated for a fellowship with the Center for the Study of the Presidency. This fellowship culminated with an original paper on an issue of the modern presidency and the Center published the abstract for Sara's paper, which dealt with the importance of Congressional checks over the President during wartime. During her college summers, Sara worked for both Hillary Rodham Clinton's Senate Office and Senate re-election campaign.
Primary Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Crime Victim Rights
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Life Insurance Disputes
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- A.B. Philosophy and Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Representing clients throughout all of Florida, New York, and Washington DC
- Florida Negligence Lawyers - We handle personal injury, wrongful death, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, cruise injury claims, and crime victim's rights cases
- Serving the needs of individual and corporate clients with your best interests in mind
I've seen an increased number of Florida life insurance denial and life insurance payment delay case inquiries lately. There are several reasons why...
Over the past few months, we've had a dramatic increase in the number of new will contest and probate litigation inquiries. Florida Probate Law...
Fort Lauderdale, FL - A Sunday afternoon by the pool turned into a horrific tragedy when a car veered off of the road and into a pool cabana killing...
Fort Lauderdale, FL Slip and Fall Law - Florida's slip and fall law may allow you to get paid money if you are injured on someone else's property....
Death and dying - two scary words. When we think of death and dying, we often think about the fear of being without loved ones, pain, emotional...